PDF2ID Overview – PDF to InDesign (.indd) Converter
PDF2ID converts PDF, Adobe Illustrator1 and Windows XPS files into fully editable Adobe® InDesign® (INDD) files.
PDF2ID is the industry leading PDF to InDesign converter for Graphic Designers, Publishers, Printers and Creative professionals providing the most accurate conversion.
PDF2ID can be used to recover lost InDesign files; convert FreeHand, Corel, Publisher and other types of files to InDesign; and reuse archived data saved as PDFs with a simple click.
Open, Convert & Edit your PDF, Illustrator and Windows XPS files directly in Adobe InDesign CS6/CC 2015/CC 2017/CC 2018/CC 2019/2020/2021/2022
PDF2ID 2022 supports InDesign, 2022 release and is also Apple Silicon native delivering the fastest and most accurate PDF-to-InDesign conversion.
Converting your PDF files back to InDesign (.indd) type is really easy.
1. Download and install PDF2ID into InDesign and Choose PDF2ID – convert PDF/XPS file command from Recosoft menu
2. Choose the PDF to Convert to InDesign (indd type). Click OK in the PDF2ID – Options window and its done.
Using PDF2ID you can edit PDF documents in InDesign.
PDF2ID imports and converts every page in your PDF, Illustrator or XPS file to an equivalent page to the resulting InDesign document.
PDF2ID re-creates the layout of the document by forming paragraphs; applying styles; regrouping graphic elements; extracting images; creating tables; recovering PDF annotations and other elements.
- 1. To Open and Convert a PDF file to Adobe InDesign CC to InDesign 2022 format Install PDF2ID > Choose the PDF2ID – Convert PDF/XPS file command from the Recosoft menu in InDesign
- 2. Select the PDF to Open (or Convert) in Adobe InDesign > Click OK
- 3. When the PDF2ID (PDF to InDesign) – Options window appears > Click OK to convert the PDF to Adobe InDesign format (you can also specify conversion options)
- 4. The PDF is converted to the InDesign CC – 2022 file which you can now edit
1. Illustrator files need to be saved with the PDF compatibility option.
Note: Layout reconstruction varies depending on document and may not be 100% accurate. PDF2ID does not support user-defined dictionaries embedded in PDF files. Moreover, PDF2ID does not perform Optical Character Recognition/Analysis. Scanned pages of printouts stored in PDF documents are usually images. PDF2ID therefore treats such data as images. It also does not process PDF forms, graphics filters, 3D data in PDF files, JBIG2 images and certain graphics operations. Finally, PDF2ID doesn’t process externally linked files or embedded fonts. PDF2ID is a registered trademark or trademark of Recosoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Adobe and InDesign are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and other countries.