What’s new with PDF2Office Professional v5.1
Convert to Spreadsheet format
PDF2Office Professional converts PDF files to the Microsoft Excel document format.
Convert directly to Office 2007/2010 formats
PDF2Office now directly converts PDF files to native Microsoft Excel 2007/2010, PowerPoint 2007/2010 and Word 2007/2010 formats (also known as the Office XML formats).
Open PDF documents in Microsoft Excel
An interface has been provided to open and convert PDF documents directly within Microsoft Excel.
PDF2Office Professional remembers and stores all font substitutions into a Typeface Library. This eliminates having to repeatedly specify font substitutions. The mappings in the Typeface Library can be replaced and overridden as required.
New Spreadsheet options panels have been introduced into the Control Center to fine-tune conversions to spreadsheet formats.
Enhanced Office plug-ins
Every Office plug-in has been enhanced to include the PDF Inspector (formerly known as the Document Inspector) and direct access to the Typeface Library interface has been provided.
JPEG2000 image support
JPEG2000 images stored in PDF files are now properly recognized and converted.
PDF Reconstruction v4.5
PDF2Office Professional now includes the latest PDF Reconstruction v4.5 engine offering dramatic enhancements when converting PDF documents, including enhanced graphics processing, and complex layout and PDF data recognition. General improvements have also been made in identifying footnotes and headers/footers.
Russian and Greek character support
Russian (Cyrillic) and Greek text in PDF files are now recognized and converted.
Scope of Conversion
PDF2Office takes a PDF document and performs the following processing –
- Forms Paragraphs and applies indentations (justification is set to left)
- Applies text styles and retains font information (or font mapping is performed)
- Constructs Page properties such as Margins and Page breaks where appropriate
- Matches Headers and Footers where possible
- Interpolates Columns and Section breaks
- Forms Endnotes/Footnotes
- Identifies and Creates Tables
- Regroups intersecting and overlapping Graphics
- Processes all images (except JBIG format) and re-groups intersecting sliced images
Document File – Export Formats
- Microsoft® Excel 2007/2008 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Microsoft® Excel 97/98 – 2003/2004 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Microsoft® Word 2007/2008 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Microsoft® Word 97/98 – 2003/2004 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2007/2008 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® 97/98 – 2003/2004 (Windows/Macintosh)
- RTF (Windows/Macintosh)
- Unicode UTF-8/16 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Text (Windows/Macintosh)
- QuickTime Image
- Silicon Graphics
Note: PDF2Office strictly honors the security settings of a PDF document.