What’s new with PDF2Office Professional v6.0
Convert Windows XPS files
PDF2Office Professional v6.0 now recognizes and processes Windows XPS files. XPS files can be converted to all supported formats except for image types.
64-bit Conversion core
PDF2Office Professional v6.0 utilizes a modern 64-bit processor optimized conversion core to convert files resulting in faster conversions.
Convert to OmniGraffle format
PDF2Office Professional v6.0 now supports OmniGraffle v5.x format as a target file type; making all elements live and editable while retaining the layout of the file. The conversion to OmniGraffle file type results in distinct layers being created for text, tables and graphics.
Custom conversion presets can be specified and saved for later use. This alleviates having to adjust conversion settings depending on the workflow.
Optimize for iOS format
A new “Optimize for iOS” setting creates lightweight files optimal for viewing and manipulating on the iPAD, iPhone and iPod.
One-click conversion buttons have been introduced to streamline the conversion process for the most popular formats.
Hybrid PDF/XPS document Reconstruction v6.0 engine
PDF2Office Professional v6.0 now contains a Hybrid PDF/XPS v6.0 conversion engine, which includes support for 48-bit channel RGB images; auto-merges fragmented images and enhances support for certain PDF properties previously ignored.
Enhanced conversion fidelity
When converting to the Word format, Landscape/Portrait pages are now created in the same file; when converting to the PowerPoint format, tables are now created; additionally PDF transitions can be converted to PowerPoint transitions.
Streamlined User Interface
PDF2Office Professional v6.0 offer a newer streamlined user interface by providing conversion progress feedback directly within the main application window; the conversion report is now displayed in the conversion report pane eliminating the progress dialog; furthermore, other enhancements have been made modernizing the overall usability, look and feel.
Scope of Conversion
PDF2Office takes a PDF/XPS file and performs the following processing –
- Forms Paragraphs and applies indentations (justification is set to left)
- Applies text styles and retains font information (or font mapping is performed)
- Constructs Page properties such as Margins and Page breaks where appropriate
- Matches Headers and Footers where possible
- Interpolates Columns and Section breaks
- Forms Endnotes/Footnotes
- Identifies and Creates Tables
- Regroups intersecting and overlapping Graphics
- Processes all images (except JBIG format) and re-groups intersecting sliced images
Document File – Export Formats
- Microsoft® Excel 2007/2008-2010/2011 (Windows/Mac)
- Microsoft® Excel 97/98 – 2003/2004 (Windows/Mac)
- Microsoft® Word 2007/2008-2010/2011 (Windows/Mac)
- Microsoft® Word 97/98 – 2003/2004 (Windows/Mac)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2007/2008-2010/2011 (Windows/Mac)
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® 97/98 – 2003/2004 (Windows/Mac)
- OmniGraffle v5.x (Mac)
- RTF (Windows/Macintosh)
- Unicode UTF-8/16 (Windows/Macintosh)
- Text (Windows/Macintosh)
- QuickTime Image
- Silicon Graphics
Note: PDF2Office strictly honors the security settings of a PDF document.